Reuters: These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Sunday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy. TEHRAN, Nov 8 (Reuters) – These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Sunday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
IRAN – Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei reinstated Ezzatollah Zarghami as the head of Iran's state broadcaster IRIB for another five-year term.
– "We are still examining different solutions for provision of nuclear fuel for Tehran's research reactor," the prominent lawmaker Alaeddin Boroujerdi said.
– Former president Mohammad Khatami said the national unity would be realised in the country only if the top authorities accept the fact that there is a crisis in the country.
– Health Ministry said the latest number of people diagnosed with H1N1 virus in Iran had reached 2,153 and the number of people who had died was 33.
– "We would rather buy nuclear fuel for Tehran reactor instead of sending our uranium abroad," President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in an interview with Turkish television network TRT.
– Tehran police said 109 people were detained during a demonstration in Tehran, adding that 47 were released and the rest were sent to jail.