Reuters: These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Monday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy. TEHRAN, Dec 14 (Reuters) – These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Monday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
– Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei told the pro-reform opposition: "Those forging conspiracy against the Islamic establishment are rootless and will be slapped in the mouth from the nation."
– Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said: "Iran will carry on with the development of its nuclear programme."
– "Russia receiving reward from the U.S. for the delay in completion of Iran's Bushehr nuclear power plant," said lawmaker Abdulreza Torrabi.
– Senior Ayatollah Mahdavi Kani said post-election riots were "a conspiracy to topple the Islamic establishment."
– Former President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani condemned insults to the founder of the Islamic Republic, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, and Supreme Leader Khamenei.
– Senior member of the moderate Assembly of Combatant Clerics, Ali Akbar Mohtashamipour, said efforts must be made to prevent "avenge from the disciples of Imam Khomeini and the revolution."