Reuters: These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Saturday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy. TEHRAN, Dec 19 (Reuters) – These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Saturday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
– "Iran's Supreme Leader (Ayatollah Ali Khamenei) is the country's source of power," said cleric Mohammad Emami-Kashani.
– Cleric Emami-Kashani said people should be allowed to express their views freely.
– Defeated presidential candidate Mohsen Rezaie said the opposition supporters had no intention to topple the clerical establishment.
– Deputy parliament speaker Mohammadreza Bahonar said the authorities should avoid taking "extreme measures" against the opposition leaders, including arresting them.
– "Judiciary is decisive about fighting against corruption in Iran," said judiciary chief Sadeq Larijani.
– Nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salehi said Iran would not halt its uranium enrichment activities.
– Millions of Iranians in a nationwide rally on Friday condemned the tearing up of a picture of late revolution's founder Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.