Reuters: These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Monday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy. TEHRAN, Jan 4 (Reuters) – These are some of the leading stories in Iranian newspapers on Monday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
– Parliament rejected a government's request for the return of the subsidy reform bill, claiming its hands are tied for implementing the bill if it becomes law.
– The Interior Minister Mostafa Mohammad Najjar urged police to show "zero tolerance towards the rioters".
– Heads of three powers held a meeting on Sunday discussing about recent events and to become more convergent over the country's affairs.
– The defeated presidential candidate Mehdi Karoubi expressed his condolences to another defeated candidate Mirhossien Mousavi over the death of his nephew on last week's Ashura Day.
– "Turkey seeks to decrease its imported gas from Iran because of low consumption and economic recession", head of National Iranian Gas Company Mohammad Javad Owji said.